PRIVACY COLLECTION NOTICE
We only collect personal information by lawful and fair means where reasonably necessary for our functions or activities as the operator of a range of education, business, employment and justice services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians across Australia.
Collection of your personal information
The personal information we collect from you may be used:
- to process your registration with Wirra Hub and to provide you with the information, support and services that registration with Wirra Hub provides;
- to you keep up to date with Wirra Hub and its services; and
- any other purposes related to the above or otherwise necessary to give effect to the purposes listed above
We collect information concerning your race or ethnic origin because that information will be used for the purpose of ensuring that you meet the criteria for registration to the Wirra Hub, which criteria are reflective of the conditions placed on the Government funding allocated to the Wirra Hub. Additionally this information may be used to assist with identification of procurement, tender and pre-qualification opportunities suitable for you.
Purpose for collecting your information
Your personal information is collected and used to provide you with appropriate services and assistance, including:
- you provide in the course of engaging with one of our education, business, employment and justice services;
- you provide in the course of applying for employment positions at the Wirrpanda Foundation;
- you provide to us in order to subscribe to our mailing list;
- is provided to us by third parties who have disclosed that information to us with your consent (and only if it would be unreasonable or impracticable to collect the information directly from you);
- you provide to us in the course of updating or changing your details;
- is contained in documents or correspondence you provide to us;
- you provide to us in person, by phone, by post, via our website or via other forms of electronic communication (including via social media); or
- you provide during the course of events or training organised by the Wirrpanda Foundation
Subject to certain exceptions under the Privacy Act, we only collect sensitive information about you if you consent to the collection of the information and the information is reasonably necessary for one or more of the Wirrpanda Foundation’s functions or activities. The provision of sensitive information to the Wirrpanda Foundation on a voluntary basis (including, for example, information you supply when applying for a position with the Wirrpanda Foundation) will be taken to be consent for this purpose.
Disclosure of your information
We may collect, store (in hard copy or electronic form), use or disclose and otherwise process your personal information for the primary purpose of conducting and supporting our functions or activities as the operator of a range of education, business, employment and justice services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians across Australia. Without limiting the foregoing, we may collect, store, use or disclose your personal information:
- to provide you with one of our education, business, employment and justice services;
- to send you updates and newsletters;
- to contact you should we need to;
- to address any enquiries, complaints or feedback from you; or
- to do anything the Wirrpanda Foundation is required or authorised by law to do. Further, we may disclose your personal information to:
- third parties where you have given your consent (express or implied);
- government agencies or other similar entities as required or permitted by law; and
- our professional advisors, contractors or other service providers whom the Wirrpanda Foundation may engage from time to time to carry out, advise or assist with the carrying out of the functions or activities of the Wirrpanda Foundation.
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to the collection of that information for the purposes set out in this privacy collection notice. If you do not wish to provide your consent, please do not provide your personal information to us. However, in that event, we will not be able to process your registration for the Wirrpanda Foundation and you will be unable to take advantage of the information, support and services that registration with the Wirrpanda Foundation provides.
If you indicate that you consent to being kept up to date with the Wirrpanda Foundation and its services, your consent operates until such time as you tell us that you wish to withdraw your consent. You can withdraw your consent and unsubscribe from such updates at any time. You can do this by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of our emails to you or by contacting us by phone or email.
If you would like to contact us to obtain more information, please contact us by:
- phone: 08 9242 6700
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- post: PO Box 152, Victoria Park WA 6979